TCZ Podcast #122: Jennifer Garvey Berger: Cultivating Leadership & Unlocking Mindtraps in Teams
Given the astonishing experience of 2020 – which has confirmed that we have entered a moment of radical change and alteration - how can we as team coaches find deep and intentional ways to grow ourselves and our clients in order to better thrive in complex times?
In Episode #122, I’m really excited to pose this question and more to my guest Jennifer Garvey Berger – Jennifer’s ‘Growth Edge Coaching’ approach, which she describes in her book, Changing on the Job, has been developed over the last decade and underpins her work developing leaders and coaching senior teams in organisations such as Google, KPMG, Microsoft, and the New Zealand Department of Conservation. Jennifer also coaches transformational and development coaching approaches in her Growth Edge Coaching certification series, and is a highly popular speaker at leadership and coaching conferences around the world. She is the co-founder of Cultivating Leadership, the author of three acclaimed books and holds a masters and a doctorate from Harvard University.
During our conversation we touch on:
- an overview of the adult development theory that underpins Jennifer's work
- the uniqueness of a transformational and development coaching approach to working with teams
- stories of working with teams using this approach
- the challenge of helping to accelerate human growth in leadership teams
- meeting our own shadow and doing the work ourselves
- the sense of urgency for this work
- Jennifer's vision for the coaching and team coaching industry
- bringing spirit back into the workplace
Find out more about Jennifer: